Enroll in classes at Hornet Connection
It's time to join the Hornet Nation! Hornet Connections are for new freshmen students that have already been admitted to Emporia State University and are ready to enroll in classes for the summer and fall 2024 semesters.
During this event, students and their guests will:
- Meet with your academic advisor and get your class schedule
- Connect and make friends with current and new students
- Learn of campus resources during this in-person programming designed to set you up for success
- Get excited about becoming an Emporia State Hornet
Check-in will begin at 8:45 a.m. and the day will conclude around 3 p.m. More details about your selected enrollment date will be sent to you closer to the day. You can reach out to the Undergraduate Admissions Office at (620) 341-5465 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Register using the hyperlinks below.
- Friday, March 29, 2024
- Friday, April 5, 2024
- Saturday, April 13, 2024
- Saturday, April 20, 2024
- Friday, April 26, 2024
- Friday, May 3, 2024
- Tuesday, May 21, 2024
- Friday, June 7, 2024
- Friday, July 12, 2024
Registration for Hornet Connection is a two-step process.
- STEP 1: Complete the Event Registration form and select "register" to secure your date.
- STEP 2: Once registered, select "done" to be directed to your Pre-Enrollment Profile to provide your academic advisor with the most up-to-date information about you.
Once both steps are complete, mark your calendars for your Hornet Connection and get excited! Hornet Nation cannot wait to welcome you!
To Do List Before The Event
- Complete the Pre-Enrollment Profile Form (if you have not already during the registration process)
- Send your high school and/or college transcripts to email@example.com if you have not sent them to us already. They do not need to be official transcripts at this time. Your advisor needs these in order to help you choose your class schedule.
- Complete the Algebra Evaluation if you have not completed or are not currently enrolled in a college algebra class. You can find the Algebra Evaluation by going to canvas.emporia.edu, signing in with your Emporia State username and password and clicking the Algebra Evaluation course in your Canvas profile. Once you are in the course, click on Modules, then New Algebra Evaluation. When you’re ready to begin, click Take Quiz and submit when you finish. Be sure to be in Chrome or Firefox when completing the Algebra Evaluation.
- Upload a picture for your student ID. You will receive your student ID during move-in.
- Complete your housing contract and meal plan. Find more information on the Residential Life fall housing webpage.
Frequently asked questions
Getting here + getting around
Campus visitors meet on the east side of the Memorial Union, located at 1331 Market St., Emporia, KS 66801. Parking will be free in the parking lots east of Memorial Union. If parking meters are available, be sure to add change for the allotted time of the event. Gold parking spaces are prohibited and should not be used. We will be there to greet you just inside the east doors of Memorial Union!
For Parents + Family
If you're a parent or family member of a new ESU student, we want to make sure you have the information to help your student be successful throughout the process. That's why we put together a helpful parent and family page with all you need as a Hornet family member.
Sign up for E-Experience
This free event will bring you to campus, connect you with current ESU student leaders, ESU resources, the Emporia community, and other students starting their studies at ESU in the fall! Sign up for E-Experience today.