Office of International Education Admissions Process for International Undergraduate Students
Admissions Process for Undergraduate Students
Contact the Office of International Education any time for help. email: email@example.com | phone: 620-341-5374
New Freshmen Requirements:
- Completion of secondary school with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better (converted to U.S. grade scale)
- ACT or SAT test scores are not required for undergraduate international student applicants, except for athletes. However, if you take these tests, you may be eligible for academic scholarships.
Transfer Student Requirements:
- Completion of at least 24 university credits with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better (converted to U.S. grade scale).
Transfer Students from another U.S. Institution:
If you previously attended another institution in the U.S. and your F-1 or J-1 visa is still valid, you do not need to obtain a new visa to attend ESU, provided that you have already attended the school named on your visa when you initially entered the U.S., and you are using the I-20 issued to you by ESU when you reenter.
Please contact the Office of International Education (OIE) for a Transfer Eligibility Form.
Step-by-step admissions process for undergraduate students
- Apply for admissions here.
- A non-refundable application feed (US $60.00) is required to process your application.
- Apply for scholarships.
- Submit required documentation:
- Original or notarized copies of all academic credentials (secondary school records, examinations results, diplomas, courses, credits completed, and grades received). Official notarized translated copies must also be sent for all non-English credentials.
- Non-native English speakers should submit official English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test) scores. Non-native English speakers who do not submit a test score will need to take an English placement exam upon arrival to Emporia State University.
- Submit a financial guarantee statement certifying the sources and amounts of funding available. International students must show proof of funds on deposit for the total cost of two semesters of study at Emporia State University (one semester exchange/visiting students only need to show proof of funds for one semester).
- Send a scan of the information page in your passport. This scan must show your picture and name.
- Receive your admission package:
- Order your admission documents (including your acceptance letter and I-20/DS-2019 form) shipped to you via courier.
- Apply for your student visa.